Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DIY Face Serum that is pure AWESOMENESS!!!!

So after using this for a few weeks I just have to share!!
I have been wanting to try something new for my facial moisturizer. I spent countless hours researching different formulas and ingredients (A.K.A. I procrastinated and worked on using up the products I had on hand). O.K. I was putting it off -a little. I was really worried about using an OIL on my face.

I finally scrapped the bottom of my jar and I had to either buy more of the super expensive natural stuff or go for it. So I finally did it. And... to my surprise my face is LOVING it. The skin soaks it right up. I am not feeling oily and I have not had any breakouts. In fact I am noticing that my skin is clearer and looks fresher, younger even. Why did I wait so long???

In my procrastinating here is what I finally ended up with:
I chose to go with jojoba oil for its low comedogenic rating. Also it was convenient - I had it on hand.
There are other liquid carrier oils you can choose from. Here is a useful listing of oils and their ratings:

I also decided to use Frankincense, Lavender and Melaleuca alternifolia essential oils for their effectiveness in skin rejuvenation, wrinkles and acne. Some other essential oils known for their skin properties are: Sandalwood, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, Geranium, Myrrh, Vetiver, lemon (photosensitive), neroli and Helichrysum.

Super simple and I gotta say I am LOVING IT!

Face Serum Recipe:
1 oz. jojoba oil, 
10 drops Frankincense
10 drops Lavender


8 drops Melaleuca alternifolia
Combine ingredients in a glass dropper bottle. Apply a few drops on your face and neck after washing your face at night and in the morning. What are you waiting for?? You will not regret it. I promise!

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment