Thursday, July 30, 2015

Empty bottles? Don't toss them! How to clean and reuse your essential oil bottles

Many times I have been asked, "What is the best roll on?" My personal favorite is to make your own with the Young Living bottle the oils came in and the roller fitments from Young Living. (My first roll on was born when I reached the bottom of my lavender bottle.) These bottles are free, they do not leak and the metal roller applies the oils perfectly.

Lets talk about some ways your can get every drop from your oils and how to clean the bottles to reuse them. I had several bottles which were empty. Here are some of the things I did:

When I have needed a roll on of the oil or a blend that included the essential oil I had just emptied I just used it as is. I remove the top add a carrier oil and the drops needed of essential oil. Then add my top.

The relaxing essential oils like stress away, peace and calming and lavender I take the tops off and bury them in epsom salts. The oils get absorbed into the salts. Those salts are used for baths for the family. Once I am done with them in the salts, I can then clean and resuse the bottles. You can also make other jars of bath salts for other purposes like for energizing or to alleviate aches and pains.

I decided to keep my empty peppermint for use at the gym. To give myself a boost I can open the bottle and breathe in the energizing goods.

I had several other bottles which I had previously removed the reducer to get the last drops out. (Yes there still is a few drops in there!)

The deep relief bottle was the messiest.
Once I have a bunch of bottles I need to clean, I remove the tops and reducers (for more on an easy way to do that see this post). Then remove the labels. They come off real easy. I use my homemade gunk remover to get the last of the sticker residue off. I put the gunk remover on and let it sit for a few minutes, then rub it off with a paper towel.

Once the outside is clean, it is time to clean the inside. Remove the rings and dropped them into hot water while I clean the rest of them. I let them soak a little, then rinse them. Finally, soak with hot water and all natural dish soap to remove the last of the oil. Rinse them well and let them air dry. Now they are ready to be reused.


So, what have you used your bottles for? I love to have these on hand to whip up a blend or roller bottle or to bless someone else with essential oils. A super simple way to share the love of good health.
Blessings!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment