Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Mens All Natural Bath and Body Products Using Essential Oils

I was at a loss for ideas for the men on my Christmas list so I started to dabble in essential oil ideas. I tried out a few things and had my husband test them to see if he approved. Below is what I came up with in a pinch. Great for gifts for Birthdays or Fathers Day too! 


Merry Christmas & Enjoy!



1. #2 Spray, Stink away, Poo-pourri or Stink no more spray



A spray made up of essential oils that you spray into the toilet bowl before you go, it will trap the smell in the water and there will be no stink. My husband really went to town with this one... he ended up coming up with personalized names for each person he was gifting it to.

In a 2 ounce glass bottle combine:
2oz. Distilled water
3-4 drops glycerine
1/2 teapoon epson salts
20-30 drops of essential oils of choice (see list below for ideas)
Shake well.

Have fun with it & Make up some fun labels.



2. Men's Muscle Bath


 
Using the benefits of magnesium,baking soda and essential oils to help with soreness, fatigue and stress (and so much more!). 

1 cup epsom salts
1/2 cup baking soda
6-8 drops essential oils, I used 4-6 lemongrass and 2-3 cedar wood (or other oils based on your preference)





3. Men's Foaming Shaving Gel 


This has a nice lather and great smell. My husband gave this one a thumbs up.

1/2 cup aloe gel (I have this kind)
1/2 cup liquid castile soap (I use this kind)
2 Tablespoon Almond oil (I used my calendula infused)
A few drops of vegetable glycerin
4 capsules or about 1/2 tsp vitamin E
10-15 drops essential oils (I used 8 of Cedarwood, 8 Lavender and 4 Lemon)

Put in a 10 ounce or larger foaming soap container. 






4. Men's Super Magnesium Oi


Magnesium oil is a great way to get more magnesium, adding essential oils can give you more benefits. Spray the magnesium oil on your body after you get out of the shower. Let it absorb into your skin a few minutes before getting dressed. The fist time you use it you may notice a tingle or itchy sensation. This will subside the more it is used. Start with a few sprays and work your way up to 10-15 sprays a day.

For a 16 ounce spray bottle or larger. Boil 1 cup water and 1 cup magnesium flakes (like thisuntil flakes are dissolved completely. Let cool. Pour into spray bottle. Add 8 drops Valor essential oil and shake well (see list below for other essential oil ideas)




Essential oils to try with your guys: this is not an all inclusive list and everyone had different likes/dislikes but here is what I have found to be popular with the men I know. Please note if you are using any citrus oils you should use glass bottles or containers as the citrus will eat away at plastic. Also citrus oils can increase sun sensitivity and should be avoided when you will be in the sun or exposed to UV rays.

Cedar wood
Citrus Fresh
Lemon, Orange, Tangerine or any citrus oil
Lemon grass
Idaho balsam fir
Ginger
Vanilla
Vetiver
Sandalwood
Evergreen Essenece
Cypress
Pine
Shutran

Looking for more ideas? You can view moer projects here:
Five New Fabulous Christmas Gifts you can Make with Essential Oils
Five more DIY gifts for Christmas using Essential Oils
5 Easy DIY Christmas Gifts with Essential Oils


New to essential oils? Check out my post on how to buy oils and learn more!

Blessings!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment