Saturday, June 18, 2016

Super Simple DIY Dry Shampoo



No time to wash? Or maybe something keeping you from it? Before my surgery this fall I found myself looking for options. I tried out a few store bought dry shampoo but hated them. They made my hair feel weird, kind of sticky. It also made my hair snarl up as the day went on. So the do it yourself part of me got to work.

Here is what I found... There are many options for oil absorbing powders. However after much research I chose arrowroot powder.  Arrowroot powder is all natural, very gentle on your skin and is great at absorbing oils. It also has anti inflammatory properties and many beneficial minerals as well. (look up other uses for it, you will soon find it a favorite too!) Adding essential oils gives it a great scent and has the added bonus of health for your hair!

Super Simple DIY Dry Shampoo:
  1. Put your arrow root powder in a glass jar with a tight lid. 
  2. Optional: Add essential oils for hair health or experiment and use scents you love. Rosemary, lavender and cedarwood are great for hair growth and health. I generally use 3-6 drops for 1/4 cup of powder. 
  3. For dark hair you can add cocoa powder.
  4. Mix and cover tightly until ready to use.
  5. Use a makeup brush to apply to the roots, let it sit for a couple minutes, then brush and style your hair! 
Seriously easy right?? Who needs chemicals?

Happy healthy hair in three easy steps. Who knew?

Blessings!


If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment