Monday, January 5, 2015

Quick Tip: Filling Capsules the easy way

Filling tiny capsules can be tricky. Filling them with several ingredients and making more than one capsule is even trickier! I remember coming across a post where someone used bread and I think that is genius! I have been using that tip ever since and thought I would share this quick tip!

When using any essential oils, you want to start out slow and see how your body responds. I started with a couple drops of each along with coconut oil as my carrier oil. I heat up coconut oil in a double boiler using a baby food jar and a dropper as shown below.


  1. Poke holes in a slice a bread. I used the end of my spoon since they are about the size of a pencil head. 
  2. Place your capsules inside. I use "00" size. Like this
  3. Fill with desired amount of essential oils.
  4. Top off with a carrier oil like coconut, olive or grapeseed.
  5. Add tops & your done! (I do shake them a little to mix it before it hardens. Then store it in the fridge to harden the coconut oil)
  6. You can eat the bread if you spill and not waste any oils!! :) win-win

I hope you find this helpful!

Blessings!!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment