Saturday, May 23, 2015

Busy bees

So I just have to share some pictures of my girls...

Here they are waiting for me...lol

The box is more than 80% full, so it is time to add another deep hive body.


I took one frame from the outer edge of the current box to put into the center of the new box. This will encourage them to start to move into the new area. You can also see my smoker sitting near by... I smell like a campfire!

Wow... lots of bees huh?

Looking at the frames.

This picture I caught a few larvae at different stages (sizes).

I thought the huge pollen packs this bee was carrying was cool. Also thought I would point out the really large eyes on the drone (male) bee compared to the worker (girl) bees.

They sure are busy bees!
Hope you enjoyed the quick update.

Blessings!!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment