Thursday, July 2, 2015

Making the best out of what you are given

I recently came across a bumble bee hive near my garden. It was a bird house that was old, it had been a home for birds for a couple seasons, pecked on by woodpeckers for awhile and now it looks like some bumble bees have decided to call it home for while. 

I do not know how long they will stay or who may decide to use this old bird house next. But for now it is the bumble bees home. They are making the best of what they have in an amazing way.

Life is funny. Things change, always and often. Even when it feels like you are stuck in a particular stage of life before you know it there will be a new and seemingly even more pressing problem. Making the best of what you are given seems like such a simple concept. Why is it so hard to do?

Over the years I have seen my share of change. But as always life continues on and there are new challenges ahead. There were times when I was utterly and completely devastated and saw no hope. Then I found hope. I found hope in God. I believe that God will never give me more than I can handle, or better said, more than what he can help me handle. 

I have been to the complete brink of financial ruin, over seen more funerals than I care to say and have felt on so many occasions... complete and udder weight of the world on me. Yet I will have people who know what I am going through say, "How is it you are doing so well?" All I can say is I have God. I make the best of what I am given. Knowing he is on my side and there for me every step of the way. It gives me strength. I know that I can take that next step- even if I do not know where my foot will land.

I am so grateful for all God has given me. Sometimes it may seem hard to know what to do or how to handle what you are going through but I think it is helpful to have a little perspective from around you.... these bumble bees are making a home from a discarded rotting bird house. Make the best of it. Bee amazing.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" ~Matthew 6:25-34 NIV

It is a beautiful day, find the beauty and enjoy.


Blessings!





If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment