Tuesday, June 30, 2015

My girls are growing up... up ... up...

My girls have been so busy. I decided to add a third deep hive body today to give them more room and a better chance to survive the winter.  The hive is starting to look like a skyscraper! The boxes are getting so extremely heavy- way more than I had anticipated.

As I was taking the hive apart for the inspection, the bees were flying all over the place. I grabbed my camera and just hit the button to see what I would capture. I thought this picture was pretty neat.

If you were a bee you certainly could not be claustrophobic!

See the white wax being formed to store the honey?

View from the top.

View of the bottom.


When I put it all back together the ones on the outside were working to get back in. These were some of the ones flying around me.

Today, I was able to see lots of larvae, honey and pollen. I checked all the way down to the lowest deep and the bees were flying all over. It is crazy how many they have grown into in such a short period of time.

Below is a short video clip of the bees before I added the extra box. You can see the bees leaving. If you watch close you can see some that fly only a little ways and come back. Those are the young bees just learning to fly. They go out a little and come back, then go out a little farther and come back. It is fun to watch.






Hope you enjoyed the visit!
Blessings!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment