Tuesday, August 25, 2015

For the Love of Summer

What more can I say....
I LOVE summer!

At the start of summer, my daughter and I talked about all the things we wanted to do. We had a few short trips planned some special outings and annual activities we wanted to be sure we did.

However, in the day to day rush, one thing I wanted to focus on was nature. I wanted to be outside as much as possible. I wanted to be intentional in this so I made a list. I included simple things, the memories from my childhood I hold dear. Things like: nature walks, feeding the birds, swimming in the lake, playing with friends, fishing, gardening, time with family, swinging, running through the sprinklers, fairs, picking flowers, playing in the rain, blowing bubbles, crafts and so much more.

My six year old loves art and science. I of course (the list maker) had to make a list of some specific nature crafts and science fun to our summer bucket list. Things like: diy fruit roll ups, sun catchers, painting, baking, dried flowers, pressed flowers, rock art, wind chimes, planting from seed and more.

Overall, it has been three months of fun, but I swear I blinked my eyes and it was gone. Last week, we had a sudden and extended cool down and the weather became more like fall. We walked around the yard to pick flowers for a sun catcher to preserve a little of the summer goodness. This week we turned our summer suncatcher into a windchime. (I think it turned out cute.)

Soon, school will start and our free time will be limited. I find myself mourning the loss of summer as I did as a child. I love summer and all it brings. However, I find the time I spend with my kids even more precious.

Always too short, this has been a beautiful summer in Minnesota. We have been blessed to have so much fun with great friends, family and truly wonderful weather.

I hope you had a wonderful summer. Its not quite over yet, so get out and grab some before its gone!
Blessings!!


"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you;  or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish of the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?  In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind." ~Job 12:7-10 

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment