Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Loving your diffuser? Keep it running strong by following these guidelines...

Everyone LOVES their diffuser. They smell so wonderful, add to your health and make your home a spa!

Then there is the cleaning part. So yeah... I slacked on cleaning my diffusers. And now I am paying for it. My home diffuser is sadly not working, all because I did not follow some really simple guidelines. Don't make the same mistake. Show your diffuser some love and it will love you back.

1. Read the instructions. Different diffusers have different needs. I know most of us do not read instructions. I myself am a skimmer... However each diffuser is different~some have multiple functions.

2. Start slow. When adding oils to your diffuser, until you know what works best for you, start with less drops. You can always add more but if you have too much you will end up having to dump it out and starting over.

3. Know what kind of water is used. For example, tap or mineral water is used for the dewdrop, orb and bamboo diffusers. The home diffuser uses purified or distilled water. This is important because the diffusers are specifically made to work with or without the minerals in the water. Using the wrong water type will shorten the life of your diffuser.

https://www.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/start?site=US&sponsorid=1639797&enrollerid=1639797
3. Know how to clean and how often. The home diffuser should be cleaned after each use and the leftover water discarded. This was my failure. I left the water in and added more...I won't do that again!

4. Know how to remove water/oils. Emptying the diffuser means you need to be aware of the ventilation holes. Tilting it in the correct direction will make sure you will not have oils or water go into the motor.

5. Do not overfill you diffuser. The diffusers have water level fill lines. You can go below it but do not go above it.

6. Clogged diffuser? Read about how to clean your diffuser in the manual that came with it. Here are some links to care instructions: orb, home diffuser and dewdrop. You can try cleaning it with water and rubbing alcohol and a soft sponge. Hopefully you can save it!

Unlike other brands, Young Living diffusers have a one year warranty! How awesome is that?? Young Living customer service is great at helping out if you do have any problems. My diffuser, badly abused lasted almost two years. But I am sure I could have had several more if I would have taken proper care of it.

For more diffuser comparisons and part numbers for each, see this handy comparison chart.

Looking for some great combinations to diffuse? Check these out...

Love your diffuser and it will love you back! Happy diffusing!
Blessings!!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment