Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Winter in Summer

Quite honestly, creating a winter wonderland in August did not sound like a good idea to me when my daughter first requested it. However I took the challenge and did the best I could. If a five year old's opinion means anything- I did good.

Creating games based on the Frozen theme....A few of which included... coloring sheets, face painting, pin the nose Olaf, Frozen Freeze dance, Do you wanna build a snowman?- using marshmallows, pretzels and raisins (the missing nose led up to the Olaf game) and the much requested pinata.

I forgot to take pictures of many things I had put in place prior to the party starting. But here are a few of the pre-pre photos. What I love the most about this is these three pieces did not cost me anything to make. I had all the materials on hand, most of which are reused or donated from other people or places. I had a great magic maker in my mom who finished up Elsa for me and made her come to life.




As we are still eating our sparkling snow cupcakes and cleaning up from the snowstorm, my daughter is already planning her next party. As long as she does not change her mind I love having the extra time to plan & create!!!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Google+Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment